Sun, Dec 04|
Luna Yoga PEI
Menstrual Cycle Awareness Workshop
We'll explore self-care for each phase of the menstrual cycle from nutrition to movement and energetic capacity...many things you may have wish you were taught. Whether you’re a human who menstruates, takes hormonal birth control, or you have a partner with a uterus - we welcome you!
Time & Location
Dec 04, 2022, 1:00 p.m. – 3:00 p.m.
Luna Yoga PEI, 115 Walker Ave, Summerside, PE C1N 0C9, Canada
About the Workshop/Class
We can all agree that there are a lot of gaps in our education surrounding the menstrual cycle. There is so much to know about the way hormones affect our lives, and we simply don't learn enough about it.
From the way we move, to the way we interact with other humans, to how to use our energy - all of this can be shifted at times to support us. We can learn to listen to our bodies, supporting better regulation of our emotions and energy levels, and honour where we’re at in our cycle (or better understand where someone in your life is in theirs!)
Join Steff, a former women’s health nurse, as we explore the topic that is often a complete mystery (and for some reason taboo) - even to those of us who have uteruses.
This is a radical gift of knowledge & an act of self-love as we enter into what can be a very busy, stressful, and emotional season. Whether you’re a human who menstruates, takes hormonal birth control, or you have a partner with a uterus - we welcome you! Feel free to tag someone who you think could benefit from this exploration. Ages 12+
In this workshop, we will:
- Spend an afternoon relaxing, being held, drinking tea, and recharging together.
- Learn how to connect with our hormonal cycle, offering the power to work WITH our body instead of against it.
- Explore the four hormonal phases of our cycle and the changes that you experience physically, emotionally, and mentally in each one of them.
- Be gently guided through some exercises to start integrating these teachings into your own experience.
- Receive some print-outs to support you.
- Have the chance to ask questions, share your experience, and connect with others.
What to bring:
- Your yoga mat (we have a few mats here to borrow)
- Water bottle (we have a filtered water cooler)
- Cozy, comfortable clothing