Sun, Mar 12|
Menstrual Cycle Awareness Workshop
In this workshop, we will explore the four hormonal phases of the menstrual cycle through the lens of both science and spirituality, and explore various self-care practices that will support you holistically.
Time & Location
Mar 12, 2023, 11:00 a.m. – 12:30 p.m. ADT
About the Workshop/Class
[We begin at 10am Eastern Time / 11am Atlantic Time. Reminder: clocks go forward Sunday, March 12th]
There is so much to know about the way hormones affect our lives or the lives of those around us, yet there are many gaps in the understanding of the menstrual cycle, which is often compounded by shame.
By learning to listen to our bodies we can support better regulation of our emotions and energy levels, choose self-care practices that support the cycle and honour our experience (or better understand where someone in your life is in theirs!). We'll explore self-care for each phase of the menstrual cycle from nutrition to movement to energetic capacity - many things you may wish you were taught. With a more thorough understanding, you’ll be able to cultivate more compassion for yourself and others and show up in your life with more intention and self-awareness.
- Steff (she/hers) is a former women’s health nurse that spent almost a decade practising in fertility and reproductive health and antepartum care. In addition, she is trained in various movement modalities as well as Human Design, a tool she uses to supports humans in understanding their unique energy blueprint and how to care for themselves in a holistic and sustainable way.
- Cindy (she/hers) is an accredited trauma-informed yoga, meditation, and breath-work instructor and is the creator of Luna Yoga PEI. She blends her education in life sciences with her studies of how we heal to inform how she approaches self-care: on a holistic level and by calling on various tools to support and honour our unique + changing needs.
Together, Steff & Cindy host wellness workshops and retreats both virtually and across Epekwitk (Prince Edward Island, Canada), where they both reside. Join us in exploring a topic that is often a complete mystery - and for some reason taboo - even to those of us who have uteruses.
Who is this for? All ages and all genders are welcome to join this workshop.
If those of us with a uterus struggle understanding ourselves and what our body needs during each phase of our menstrual cycle, how can we expect our peers, partners, and friends who don’t experience the cycle themselves to understand and support us with our fluctuating needs?
If you’re a human with or without a menstrual cycle and are curious about the many ways it can influence the body and how we can support those who experience a cycle, this workshop is for you. We encourage you to bring your partner along to share in this experience as understanding leads to developing more compassion
In this workshop, you will:
- Connect with others in a supportive community container
- Be guided through a grounding meditation to invoke presence and peacefulness
- Gain insight into how the menstrual cycle & related hormones influence the body and mind
- Receive support in tracking your cycle & bringing awareness into each phase
- Learn practical tools to support yourself physiologically, emotionally, nutritionally and spiritually throughout each phase of the cycle
- Explore supportive self-care practices & resources to help integrate your learning
- Have the opportunity to ask questions, discuss your experience
What to bring/prepare:
- Comfortable, distraction-free environment
- Optional journal & a writing tool
- Cup of your favourite beverage
*Special Offer: Participants who join the workshop live will receive a link for a bonus all-levels yoga class to support you during any phase of your cycle (valid for 2 weeks).
If you are unable to attend live you can pre-purchase the recording of the workshop and the yoga class (both valid for 2 weeks) by selecting the "Watch Later" ticket option.
Attend Live *Bonus Yoga*
Included is a 23-page workbook, workshop recording & a bonus 30-minute recorded yoga practice both valid for 2 weeks from date of workshop.Sale ended
- $29.00Tax: +$4.35 HST
Included is a 23-page workbook, workshop recording & a 30-minute recorded yoga practice both valid for 2 weeks from date of workshop.Sale ended
- $39.00Tax: +$5.85 HST